Sunday, August 14, 2011

Do

Behold my new-found crush: Peter A.


So I finally decided to give in to the temptation of look through Lookbook. I skimmed through the posts by girls and browsed through the posts by boys. I must say there are lot of great people there, however, there were also those that could do better. I refuse to say anything on the matter except the following, which were the words of Mother Tyra herself:

"wear your face, don't let your clothes wear you."

"wear your clothes, don't let your clothes wear you."

Sometimes, people just forget that a branded piece of equipment is enough to make you proficient in a craft. Take those tacky photographs of equally tacky 'modles' with watermarks and labels saying xxx-photography which contribute to the internet data clutter as an example. It irks the inner purist in me. It's really not unlike the local pageants we have in our respective cities and schools where the objective females have faces thick with make-up several shades lighter than the rest of their body, not to mention the fiasco that is the color scheme and the over-all look. 

I'm not saying I can do better than these people. I just wish they'd consider their present level of skill and the appropriateness of their actions before they do what they do. I mean, seriously, you can't really claim you're an avant-garde something or extremely skilled photographer just because you own a Nikon D3X.

What use is the Elder Wand if you're a Muggle?








No comments:

Post a Comment