Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Phony




It lay before me like a soldier bruised and bloodied. White lines traced where the blow fell hardest: veins that flowered out from a concentrated white heart. Shards lay all around it, waiting to rip the unwitting flesh apart, not unlike the dire omen of iron spikes around a mine.

I stared at it unfeeling. I expelled everything in that one pitch. It was cathartic, and sad. Now the silence I drown under is absolute. Or is it? I still have the dawn chorus and the earth-song, and the drone of the bustling city around me. They are there, but they do not hear or respond to me.

Perhaps, like that old phone, I should outgrow my longing and accept that my isolation is absolute, even if it means I should stop all means of intentionally reaching out. It makes me wonder, though, that perhaps an old random thought is true: I am but a curio, transient. Utterly transient. Soon all things will tire of me, like they always do.

5 comments:

  1. "Soon all things will tire of me, like they always do."
    .
    .
    While I share the same sentiment, maybe it's not entirely true?
    .
    .
    But by all means, go with the "isolation." It always helps. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if by some weird coincidence you meet woofwoof, if you say "phony" to him he would answer you back without hesitation, "baloney". our american house guest taught him that, so with american accent ang baloney nya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. typical sadness, you'll get through all these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiral Prince it seems just like yesterday that you were brimming with happiness, near-bliss if one might say.

    By all means isolate but never abandon those that you have felt when you were formerly at the top of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an old idea for a blog post, everyone, I just felt I should write it down so I stop thinking about it already. :)

    And thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete