Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hearth


What is he doing?


Being himself again.
Being me. Being us.

Hmm?

He's doing a ritual burning.

And he's burning what?

Look at the smoke.

Oh. The shadow of his past?

Mhmm. Look closer, too.

His past. . .and all the fears it taught him.

And all the ghosts, too.

So, I see.

Look at him. Look at the smile on his face.

What about it?

It has been so long since I saw the ghost of that smile.

Now that you see it again, isn't that good?

Of course it is.

Then all is well.

You taught him how to find it in him to smile that way again.

Did I? That is good.

It is.
Thank you.

For what?

For this.

Eh?

Oh, but you know what I mean.
You better take good care of him.

I will.
I'll take care of you, too.

Thank you.



1 comment:

  1. weird. D ko naintindihan but my subconscious says i get it... awwww....

    ReplyDelete