Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Art Challenge: Watercolor Impulse

Red Grin - Lusternia Artisanal Entry for May 2011

Sea Dream
I had been itching to do watercolors for quite some time now, and I finally managed to steal some time alone. The first work, Red Grin, was done in 4 hours, since I was trying to beat a deadline. I made a rough sketch last week on my sketchpad and I was glad that I was still able to replicate it onto the oslo paper. I don't really have much confidence when it comes to doing second attempts at the things I already drew. I guess I should practice more! The second one, is a present. I drew from my imagination as there was no picture of a deserted beach at hand. It took me about 3 hours to finish. It's the first artwork I did for someone, really. It felt good to do that. I should do it more to show my appreciation for the people who long deserved it.

And now I go back and try to do life hurdles again!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. you are cool. I never knew how to mix colors and draw freely. all I know, being an engineering guy, are measured and orthogonal drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that one day, I'd get to receive a wonderful artwork like these ones from you as well as a present. :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toroy ng talent. Nainggit ako bigla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the seascape. i'm into paintings. running out of walls.

    ReplyDelete