Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The [][][][][] : I

Twilight stars twinkled silver-blue in the mauve sky. I was by the roadside, fornlorn, swathed in the shade of the trees, but there was quiet happiness about me.

I was happy.

Did you see it then, my quiet bliss? I'd like to think you did. That's just how I am. I am not blind to the worst. I look past it.

I see the best.

Years, like tides, have swept the world. I am one of the few who remain unchanged. Fewer still are we with good intentions.  Of those with intent  conflicting ours, seven siblings together, my cousins, kin and foe, are to you well known.

***

I was supposed to finish yesterday afternoon, 
but I lost my verve when I learned one of my highschool teachers,
Ma'am Neneng, died after fighting against cancer for several months.

Writing the full title would spoil the entire story, I believe, 
so I'm leaving it blank for now. I hope I finish this soon.

To Maam Angelita Barcebal, who died yesterday at 3:15 in the morning, 
may you rest in peace. 
Salamat Ma'am Neneng. 
Daghang salamat sa tanan.

4 comments:

  1. my prayers to those she left. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers for the swift passing of her soul from here to beyond.

    Looking forward to the completion of your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you :)

    I hope she's in a better place now

    ReplyDelete