Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cebumarillion

When life doesn't give you lemons, look for oranges. Or apples. Or passion fruit.

I'm back at Cebu again. This time, I have a plan. I really, really, really hope things work out. This time, I'll do more than just wishful thinking. I hope I get to actualize things - that's the only way for me to climb back up and out of this rut I'm in. I want to be more than some eighteen year old reeking idealism and lacking action. I even placed my plan in my blog to serve as a constant reminder when things get bleak. In the long run, I just want to be happy and content. My self pep talk aside, I'm glad that my return to Cebu has been good, what with the company of my highschool batchmates - friends dearest to me. I've spoken with them at length regarding my situation and plans over the past few weeks, and I'm glad that they managed to knock sense and hope into me.

Surprises are twice as exciting when they come unexpected.


I went to Ayala today to have my hair cut for the start of classes tomorrow, but the shop was full. I went out intending to return after having dinner, but the lure of National Bookstore was too hard to resist.

I gave in.

I was checking various titles by Neil Gaiman and a few books from the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I was looking for the first book from the Wheel of Time series since I really wanted to start reading it after a friend of mine told me a few things related to it that piqued my interest. Sadly, I didn't find a copy of the first book, so I kept booksurfing instead. I went to the next aisle looking for something new and lo and behold! I found a paperback copy of the Silmarillion, which I've been looking for for the longest time. My eyes did look to the high heavens with hope, and praised and thanked the Valar. I'll have a glimpse of Valinor at last. All thoughts of getting that darned haircut to conform to my blasted school's irksome policies were forgotten. I made haste to the exit and a cab I hailed for that ride home. The excitement fills me so. I have to read this book, still wrapped in it's package as of writing, as soon as I get back home.

As for that haircut requirement tomorrow?

I'll wing it.

Somehow.

As I hope to do so with life in general.

6 comments:

  1. I miss the times when I had the same fervor for reading as yours. I'm quite uncertain of what happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't really go away. It just goes dormant. I'm sure something fresh will rekindle your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure mine went away. lol I'm in the middle of three books right now. All I have time to read are blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. at least you're in the middle - you have several endings to look forward to! Find more time to read, too. haha. Escape. Read. Live. :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Tolkienite! Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo!

    ReplyDelete