Thursday, October 21, 2010

Memoirs of Melancholia


While I was aboard the ferry to Bohol from Cebu last October 16, I was bored and decided to peruse my old sketchpad. I squirmed internally as I read random thoughts I wrote all over the pages. They were borne out of my melancholy. Sappy, yes, but they make me smile. It goes to show how strong a force emotions can be. Some of these snippets eventually made their way to my poems, too. Others are still unfinished. I'm not sure if I can even finish them, seeing as I might have most likely exhausted the wells of emotion which I drew upon. I've decided to shamelessly share several of them here. Please be nice! These things were written over the span of two and a half years. Also, I doodled something to go with this post using Deviantart muro. If you have the time, please visit my deviantart page here. I haven't updated in a long time, but I hope to soonish.

***
One day, several years from now, I'll find your divine face content, and thus, my heart shall rejoice;and yet it shall ache for we can never be together;and so it shall lament as its feelings go un-confessed;worry not, my sweet, for I shall be happy for your happiness until the end of time.

I made 'ugh' faces as I typed this one out.

***
One moment of cowardice can lead to a lifetime of regrets.

I tried hard to sound wise.

***
It was too abrupt, you left us torn between the decision to hate you or to just let you be. You left us hanging, at a loss for basically everything. It felt as if a dear friend suddenly, and without proper justification stabbed you in the back. You left us at a loss for answers. Why did you leave? Why did you throw everything away?
Why?

Would you believe that I wrote this for a game?

***
I'm a hopeless romantic.

Isn't it obvious? Also, this one's written beside a doodle of myself squatting with arms folded over my legs. A thought bubble above it says, "I wonder if you see my faith."

***
Tonight, I am Pygmalion and you are my sorrow and joy.
Galatea. Don't leave me for the stars.

This is part of a poem I wrote when I liked a particular drawing a little more than what is healthy.
I never finished the poem, but I guess I'll finish it one of these days.

***
Damn, I melt under your gaze.
My heart flutters. I see your face.

Another part of an unfinished poem.

***
We don't know how far the ripples of our decisions go.

Take caution in disturbing the stillness of pools.

***

That's all I'll share for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment