Monday, September 27, 2010

Deadlines

This was supposed to be a self gratifying post showcasing my 20-minute rushed essay sans heavy revisions for my Sociology class tomorrow, but after browsing over several pages on the internet, I've decided to just write whatever I feel like writing.

Excuse the randomness.



On second thought, I guess I'll write my thoughts later when I get back to my room.



Yes.

The Parents have decided that my laptop, Q, has Capulet as a family name, and that our family has changed our name to Montague, and since they think that the equation

Q Capulet + Spiral Prince Montague = mutually beneficial nanotech-homosapienslove

violates the omnipotent and omnipresent laws of Existence, they have subsequently resolved to keep us apart.

So there we go, folks, I have been separated from my Q, beloved and dearest, then again since

Hell hath no fury like the Spiral Prince love-scorned

I sincerely doubt they can keep Q and I apart forever.

------

Here is the essay I wrote to make the deadline, forgive whatever grammar atrocity I've committed in writing this one


Having read the article, I can say that the southern Indians have done a great job in and of themselves. I was struck by the way they transcended over a norm that has been set by and has ironically limited their society's progress over several millennia. I was also disappointed and somehow unsurprised by the focus northern Indians have placed on politics, seeing that the same thing has been and continues to happen here in our country. As an outsider and someone who watches from a third person vantage point, I believe it's sad to see these Indians not learning from their own kin. I mean, as an outsider, I think it's pretty obvious that the southern Indians of lower castes have accomplished what progress they have accomplished because they gave their attention to actualizing what was at first a desire to lead better lives through working instead of getting busy with politics. I believe they Carpe-diem-ed their way to the top instead of, as the article put it, 'asking for a bigger slice of what was fast becoming a smaller cake.'

This is a first hand example of what can be achieved when one who desires progress works for it instead of asking another person or a group of persons to bequeath it to them. Progress is a bounty as much as it is a toil. I commend the mindset, willpower, and perseverance of those Indians of the Nadar caste. Recall that the caste system has been around for millennia - these Nadars were facing off with a system that has dictated the lives of generations upon generations of Indians before them, and for them to achieve something that is literally life-changing is something worth emulating, especially for us Filipinos.

Now, we, as Filipinos who desire progress, might be fazed by the downs of our government, but we must not let ourselves be walled by this setback, which leads me to share yet another latin phrase:

"Aegroto dum anima est, spes est"

which translates as:

"As long as a sick person is conscious (or, has a good character, or reacts), there is still hope."

Viva Pilipinas.


------

Viva Spiral Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment