Saturday, June 12, 2010

Existence

I found yet another poem I wrote two summers ago. I decided to revise it a bit and here's how it came out:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's an afternoon, where I get bored to the brink,
but you sent a smile, so it made me think.
I think, no, I dream, of things betwixt you and me.
How I hope one day this heart, you'd see.
But no matter what, there could never be us,
I don't even understand why I make a fuss.
Into my dreams, I fall with bitter-sweet despair,
for in my makeshift sleep, you're always there.
A bitter reminder, an eternal remembrance; that
for this love to unfold, there's just no chance.
As I drift half-asleep in a serene, dream-filled sea,
a distant noise shakes me out of my reverie.
In a sudden, I am pulled. Back to reality's world,
shaken from sleep by frigid waters. Cold.
Now, more than ever, this battered heart bleeds;
thorny blooms of despair from unrequited love's seeds.

I'm awake now. I know. Inwardly smiling from a dream;
blissfully basking in an afterglow. So it would seem.
Yet as bliss leaves, gradual, like fading smoke wisps,
wakefulness settles in, and the cold; feel my cold lips.
Sweet wishes linger, and so does the poignant pain.
Broken dreams burned to memory; they drive me insane.
Omens of how, like my ephemeral dreams, which are
on the edge, in danger of fading away. Bizaare
are the plots and ploys the Sister Fates employ.
They give you love to create with; it can destroy.
My love, my sweet, what thoughts you bring me,
I, an admirer of your ethereal beauty.
You make my existence a compromise,
I live in dreams. I live in reality; I fall and I rise,
like sun and moon in their perpetual dance,
dawn and dusk; an enchanting romance.

It's an afternoon, where I get bored to the brink,
but you sent a smile, so it made me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment